Skip to main content

Day 7- alone?

Well this is going to be an early post. Who would have ever thought I would have a second alone in Haiti? Well at this very moment I am sitting on the roof at the guest house soaking up some sun and feeling the breeze all by myself. I have no idea where the closest American is and no I'm not scared. And don't freak out. I was supposed to be left behind. My second round of Americans will be here in about 2 hours.
This morning we spent some more time at Mother Teresa's children's hospital and then everyone packed up. We just all said our goodbyes and gave hugs. I gave exactly 9 hugs. There were 10 of us together. I'm happy that I get to stay longer and work with Jen. I know I am going to love every minute of it. But I also want to travel home with my girls and my family. And I want to go to Chili's with them at the airport in Florida. And I want pasta. So it was sad to see them leave but it was also a great feeling to be privileged and honored to get to stay behind to do more work here. I felt Haitian staying behind. And now I saw a glimpse of the future I have. One where I get to stay and serve the people I love.
I'm happy to be here four more days!! 
Happy fourth of July everyone! Enjoy! I'll see you soon 'Merica.
Love has no borders,
- Rachel Martha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GAP Costa Rica 2020

GAP Class of 2020 We have had 29 days all together here in Costa Rica! This year we have 8 staff members and 13 students. I am so thankful for the team the Lord has put together and for each of the students the Lord has brought to Costa Rica. I am so thankful to be here and to have the honor of caring for and loving these 13 students this year. Staff arrived August 13th and students arrived August 22nd. Since then we have done orientation, explored San Jose, did a scavenger hunt around Guadalupe, started Spanish classes, began ministries, started small groups, and had 4 Bible classes; Old Testament Survey, Hermeneutics, New Testament Survey and Church History. We have played lots of ultimate frisbee, plenty of Spicy Uno and there have been countless numbers of trips made to Automercado grocery store. So yeah, lots has happened in these last four weeks. Los Guido Ministry Team We started ministry in Los Guido. We are again having children's English class and youth cla...

Round Two

Hello all, As I mentioned before I am heading back to Costa Rica for a second year as the Female Student Life Coordinator for the GAP year program through Score International. This past year was challenging for sure which made for an excellent learning and growing experience. There were many highs and lows, but the grace of God was ever present. Through the course of these last nine months, we saw the Lord guide and direct 20 students, 4 interns, and 5 staff members closer to himself. I am beyond thankful for the year the Lord gave us and the students He sent to Costa Rica. I am also very excited for this coming year. I know that the Lord is going before us to send the right students and staff to Costa Rica. This year my role will be very much the same as last year. My ministry has been and is two parts. One is focusing on the GAP students. Second, it is leading a group of students to partner with Salva and Veronica in a town called Los Guido where my team is able to h...

Saying Goodbye Too Soon

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:11 Hello Family and Friends, I imagine that anyone reading this is also in the midst of a crazy season, but I wanted to update you on what life looks like right now. As of Monday we made the decision to go home. We were hoping to wait it out, but on Monday the news came that Costa Rica was declaring a state of emergency and closing their borders to all incoming travelers. This has effected us in two ways: 1. We were no longer able to do our border run to Nicaragua or Panama since we would not be able to re-enter the country. 2. There is no way to know if airlines will continue to fly flights out of Costa Rica if no flights are coming in. So with that information the decision was made to send both students and staff home rather than risk being stuck in Costa Rica. Though Costa Rica is...