Skip to main content

GAP Costa Rica 2020

GAP Class of 2020

We have had 29 days all together here in Costa Rica! This year we have 8 staff members and 13 students. I am so thankful for the team the Lord has put together and for each of the students the Lord has brought to Costa Rica. I am so thankful to be here and to have the honor of caring for and loving these 13 students this year.

Staff arrived August 13th and students arrived August 22nd. Since then we have done orientation, explored San Jose, did a scavenger hunt around Guadalupe, started Spanish classes, began ministries, started small groups, and had 4 Bible classes; Old Testament Survey, Hermeneutics, New Testament Survey and Church History. We have played lots of ultimate frisbee, plenty of Spicy Uno and there have been countless numbers of trips made to Automercado grocery store. So yeah, lots has happened in these last four weeks.

Los Guido Ministry Team
We started ministry in Los Guido. We are again having children's English class and youth classes. Last Saturday was our first time having classes again this year. The team successfully taught four separate classes in a two hour period. They did an excellent job of planning ahead, interacting with students and being flexible when plans changed. I am so thankful for this group and I am excited for the opportunities they will have to serve in Los Guido.

As far as some fun stuff, we have a beach trip planned for next Monday and our visa trip to Nicaragua will be here in a few short weeks. We are definitely excited to have some fun activities to look forward to.
Please continue to pray for us. Prayer requests include:
- Our ministry in Los Guido; that we would be able to partner with the full-time missionaries there and love and serve students well
- That our team would be wise as we make decisions and care for students
- That students would learn an incredible amount through Spanish class, ministry and Bible class

I am so thankful to be here in this beautiful country for another year doing full time ministry. May God be glorified. Below are some more pictures from the last few weeks!
Love has no borders,
Rachel Martha


City of Los Guido

Bible Class



Exploring Downtown San Jose

GAP Staff 2020




Comments

  1. You’re beautiful and amazing!! Keep up the good work lady, God is being glorified through you all of the time. Praising Him for that right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Poop-tarts and Pop-tarts"

One semester down and one to go!  Somehow time has flown by. I feel like it was yesterday that we were picking the students up at the airport, but I know so much has happened these past few months. As a house, we have gone through many "poop-tarts and pop-tarts" or highs and lows. There have been unexpected changes along the way and even more unexpected challenges. As a staff, we faced sickness of many kinds. The students have been challenged in their faith and challenged to re-evaluate how they view the world. There has been much growth because of these challenges and I praise God for His faithfulness through it all. Praise God for coffee and friends This semester has consisted of many outings, adventures, classes, and times of fellowship. For example, in the middle of the semester we took a trip to Nicaragua to get our passports stamped. That was a refreshing time spent together outside of the Villa. However, it is guaranteed that there are no guarantees...

Round Two

Hello all, As I mentioned before I am heading back to Costa Rica for a second year as the Female Student Life Coordinator for the GAP year program through Score International. This past year was challenging for sure which made for an excellent learning and growing experience. There were many highs and lows, but the grace of God was ever present. Through the course of these last nine months, we saw the Lord guide and direct 20 students, 4 interns, and 5 staff members closer to himself. I am beyond thankful for the year the Lord gave us and the students He sent to Costa Rica. I am also very excited for this coming year. I know that the Lord is going before us to send the right students and staff to Costa Rica. This year my role will be very much the same as last year. My ministry has been and is two parts. One is focusing on the GAP students. Second, it is leading a group of students to partner with Salva and Veronica in a town called Los Guido where my team is able to h...