Skip to main content

Wrecked.

Buzz word of the week- wrecked. I'm a wreck, life is a wreck, my car is wrecked. Keep saying wrecked and it will no longer sound like a word. Wreck wreck wreck. Wrong. Sadly my car was in an accident last Saturday evening. Thankfully no one was hurt except for Captain Savvy. My car and I had been together since I turned 16. We traveled a lot of miles together. That car took me many places including but not limited to: airports, down the East Coast, to college, and to work regularly. I had very few problems with it and overall it was an extremely reliable car and she will be missed. I am going through the mourning process (it is quite likely I should not talk about my car like this). But this week I said goodbye to a good and trusted friend. Now just wait. The story gets better.

I am convinced that as God sits in heaven he laughs. I know He must have a sense of humor, first of all because He made me and secondly because He must laugh at me. After I realized my car was likely totaled I prayed and told God I needed a car. How was I going to get to student group, to church, to work, to mentoring, to the store, and to anything else God would have me do? So I prayed that God would provide finances for a car and soon. We will start with God answers prayers and He does it in ways we could never orchestrate on our own and abundantly more than we could expect. First the towing bill of $300+ was covered by insurance. Then the $400+ cost of getting it home was covered. Then insurance gave us money to replace the car and any additional amounts we had put into it recently. At this point I thought we were going to have to start car shopping. I might have to start making payments on a car. I might not have enough to get a reliable one. I'm still asking God to fully provide. Well God one-up'd me. He already had a car for me.

My stepdad had bought a Chevy Cobalt in January for an amazing price. The catch was that the engine needed a lot of work. I knew nothing about my parents buying this car. They had no idea if it could be easily fixed or if everything would work out or if they would give it to me so they just never said anything.

Wednesday, four days after the accident, my mom calls me to tell me that I do not need to worry. They already have a car for me. It is a maroon 2007 Chevy  Cobalt. It has power windows and locks, a Bose stereo system, a remote car starter, and all brand new tires. My family paid less for it than what we received from the insurance for my 2004 Pontiac Sunfire. I am now calling it my adult car.

I am just so humbled and thankful. Thankful that my parents were able to come pick my car up in PA and take it back to NY. Thankful that my stepdad was already looking for a replacement for my "aging car". Thankful that he found an affordable one that he was able to fix. I'm thankful that God provides even BEFORE WE KNOW WHAT WE NEED and he provides abundantly more than what we could ask for. So here is my new car that I have not seen in person yet but hope to within the next couple weeks.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GAP Costa Rica 2020

GAP Class of 2020 We have had 29 days all together here in Costa Rica! This year we have 8 staff members and 13 students. I am so thankful for the team the Lord has put together and for each of the students the Lord has brought to Costa Rica. I am so thankful to be here and to have the honor of caring for and loving these 13 students this year. Staff arrived August 13th and students arrived August 22nd. Since then we have done orientation, explored San Jose, did a scavenger hunt around Guadalupe, started Spanish classes, began ministries, started small groups, and had 4 Bible classes; Old Testament Survey, Hermeneutics, New Testament Survey and Church History. We have played lots of ultimate frisbee, plenty of Spicy Uno and there have been countless numbers of trips made to Automercado grocery store. So yeah, lots has happened in these last four weeks. Los Guido Ministry Team We started ministry in Los Guido. We are again having children's English class and youth cla...

"Poop-tarts and Pop-tarts"

One semester down and one to go!  Somehow time has flown by. I feel like it was yesterday that we were picking the students up at the airport, but I know so much has happened these past few months. As a house, we have gone through many "poop-tarts and pop-tarts" or highs and lows. There have been unexpected changes along the way and even more unexpected challenges. As a staff, we faced sickness of many kinds. The students have been challenged in their faith and challenged to re-evaluate how they view the world. There has been much growth because of these challenges and I praise God for His faithfulness through it all. Praise God for coffee and friends This semester has consisted of many outings, adventures, classes, and times of fellowship. For example, in the middle of the semester we took a trip to Nicaragua to get our passports stamped. That was a refreshing time spent together outside of the Villa. However, it is guaranteed that there are no guarantees...

Round Two

Hello all, As I mentioned before I am heading back to Costa Rica for a second year as the Female Student Life Coordinator for the GAP year program through Score International. This past year was challenging for sure which made for an excellent learning and growing experience. There were many highs and lows, but the grace of God was ever present. Through the course of these last nine months, we saw the Lord guide and direct 20 students, 4 interns, and 5 staff members closer to himself. I am beyond thankful for the year the Lord gave us and the students He sent to Costa Rica. I am also very excited for this coming year. I know that the Lord is going before us to send the right students and staff to Costa Rica. This year my role will be very much the same as last year. My ministry has been and is two parts. One is focusing on the GAP students. Second, it is leading a group of students to partner with Salva and Veronica in a town called Los Guido where my team is able to h...